The Department of ENERGY (DENERG) is the point of reference in Politecnico di Torino for the areas of knowledge concerned with energy and sustainable development. The Department has the aim of improving the existing energy technologies and promoting new ones, as well as contributing to the rational and informed use of energy resources.
DENERG promotes, coordinates and manages basic and applied research, training, technology transfer and services to the local community and industry in the fields of thermodynamics and thermo-fluid dynamics, fluid machines, energy systems, combustion, physics of nuclear reactors and plasmas, nuclear plants, principles of electrical engineering, electrical machines, electrical drives and power electronics, electrical power systems, thermophysical and electromagnetic properties of materials, indoor environment engineering, lighting, and acoustics.
Born from the integration of the previous Department of Energy and Electrical Engineering, he has given a rationalization and integration in research on energy issues at the Politecnico di Torino. The DENERG currently covers a broad spectrum of research topics related to the world of energy.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Promote the quality of research and the potential of individual researchers: strengthen basic research and exploitation of results to application purposes;
- Increase the impact of research on society by creating joint initiatives on energy conservation and security, encouraging lifelong learning and collaborating with standardization bodies;
- Strengthening international scientific community through networking activities with universities and highly qualified research centers;
- Operate in a multidisciplinary environment through the ability of our researchers to collaborate on multidisciplinary research topics;
- Collaborate with industry to encourage continuous improvement in the production and management of energy pursuing a direction of sustainable development.